- Community phone directory
- Help opening or reading our documents
- How to adjust the size of the text on websites
- Virus warnings and notices, and virus found warnings
Help Reading Website Documents
Because we cannot control the file formats of the various documents we receive, the files we present may be of a type that your computer is not setup to read.
The file format we use most often is the Portable Document Format (PDF). This is a very common document format that most devices can read. In case your viewing device is not setup to read PDF’s or other file formats we present, we’ve provided information below on where you can go to obtain readers/viewers for the more common file formats we receive.
Desktop Document Readers:
|Portable Document Format:||(PDF)||Get Reader|
|MS Word Documents:||(DOC or DOCX)||Get Reader|
|MS Excel Document:||(XLS or XLSX)||Get Reader|
|MS PowerPoint:||(PPT)||Get Reader|
Check your application store, provider, or repository.
Back to top of page
Virus warnings and notices, and virus found notices
Virus warnings and notices
- We receive documents from a wide variety of sources and therefore before posting them, we scan each document for viruses. When downloading internet documents, some antivirus software settings enable the program to issue you a Warning or a Notice to alert you of a possible threat- not that a virus was actually found but that the potential is there.
Virus found warnings
If you are unable to view or obtain a particular file because of a “Virus Found” warning:
- Inform us of the fact (see Website Committee on the Board of Directors section of the About Us page) and we will look into it. In some cases and if time permits, we will attempt to provide you a text version of the desired file via email. Also, we do provide printed versions of some online documents on the HHIA’s Community Bulletin Board- for location, see bottom of the right-hand sidebar.
- Visit the file using a different protected computer- your antivirus software may be giving you a false positive- in which case, you should contact your antivirus software provider for instructions.
How to adjust the size of the text on websites?
To adjust the text size on a desktop computer and viewing our website in your favorite browser, press and hold the Control key [ctrl] on Windows, or Command key [cmd] on Macintosh, then tap the “+” (plus) and “-” (minus) keys- press the “0” (zero) key to put the browser back to the default or normal size.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)